- Wed, 17:49: And yet, nobody has threatened to bomb theaters over that shitty Annie remake? I just don't understand the world sometimes.
- Wed, 18:06: If Tina Belcher quotes were motivational posters http://t.co/R27rayYZ6g
- Wed, 19:13: The definitive ranking of Willow's sweaters on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" http://t.co/QSev1brKi2
- Wed, 22:36: They're saying #TheInterview won't be released, in any format, ever. JFC, way to let the terrorists win, Sony.
- Thu, 02:49: RT @MikaFanClub: A week until Christmas! Time to roll out the @mikasounds Christmas music, starting with this from 2009, Let It Snow! http:…
- Sat, 23:07: That awkward moment when your following number goes down but you know you didn't unfollow anyone . . .
- Sat, 23:08: . . . and you feel sick worrying that you offended someone so much they blocked you.
- Sat, 23:09: That awkward sadness when you realize someone you really liked, but didn't know well, deleted their twitter & you may never see them again
- Tue, 22:57: Fuck you, North Dakota. The only reason to vote Walmart/Walgreen's/etc can't have pharmacies is to keep poor people from getting medicine.
- Tue, 22:57: I hate this state. I hate this fucking country. I hate this life.
- Wed, 09:50: I feel like I've forgotten something today . . .
- Wed, 09:55: I fail, because when I hear "Remember, remember the 5th of November" my brain starts singing "Try to remember the kind of September..."
- Tue, 10:21: Just so it's clear . . . I don't care if you vote.
- Tue, 10:24: I do care about my states measure that would allow Walmart to have pharmacies. We're the only state that currently doesn't allow it.
- Tue, 10:24: I could save, like, $50 a month on medications. If it doesn't pass, I may just stop taking some of them.
I made a hat and scarf for my mom. I saw a video of the herringbone stitch and wanted to do something with it, because it really appealed to me. It's so pretty, and kind of fun to do, actually. But it curls, so it's doubled over. (Closeup
, but the camera wouldn't focus well on any of the closeups.) I did it length-ways, and it turned out a bit short, so rather than start over
, I decided to add on to the ends. I looked for snowflakey fair isle designs and edited a little so I could put them together and have them line up with the width I needed. (Fuzzy closeup
of the prominent section.)
The hat gave me troubles. I had to do the band several times. When I started the decreases, it felt like it was taking forever and turned out kind of. . . long. I had to rip back and redo it with double the amount of decreases. I guess the way the stitches lean to the side affects decreases. Ugh.
Then I was worried she wouldn't like it or find it too narrow or something, but she said it was beautiful. Relief!
Willow likes it too. Duh.
At first she was like nope.
But then she was like, defending it with lasers.And then I opened the door and she left.
I made a new purse.
Honestly, I found a youtube channel that had a bunch of tutorials for beautiful crochet flowers and fancy repeating motifs and I felt a deep need to do something with them. (And the tutorials are amazing -- you can see well, and everything is clearly explained) This flower
, and this tape
, sewn on to a base of King Charles brocade.
The flash washed them out, but without it, it's a bit dark. Oh well.
The strap is double knit, because it was the only way I could figure to get it gold on one side and white on the other.
And there's a zipper, cloth lining, and multiple pockets inside, but I didn't bother to photograph it. My sewing skills are not really, uh, skills. When my aunt saw it, she started telling me how I should make things to sell. But man, it's good enough for me, but not to someone paying money. You know? Even knitting without any dodgy sewing, I'd be too worried that it would get stretched out or something would come undone. I'll never feel ok selling things, heh.
And then I realized, I never got around to posting photos of the purse I made about a year ago!
Just some garter stitch stripes, with crochet embellishment, again. That pattern is Bleeding Heart
, which I didn't have any video of, so it was kind of complicated to figure out. Especially since I hadn't really done anything like that previously. It's such a pretty pattern, though.